How much does SEO cost? The average price of search engine optimization is between $750–$6,000 a month. At minimum, you should probably set aside $500–$1,000 a month if you want to work with high-quality online experts. That said, the total cost of SEO can vary considerably. Some small-business SEO projects cost from $250–$500 a month. National brands targeting the hottest keywords may spend over $100,000 a month on SEO services.
Many business owners remember traditional advertising campaigns with catalogs, flyers or business cards. However, search engine optimization is different. Good SEO requires careful management for success, so it’s harder to predict total costs. Attracting online customers is hard work, but the financial results are worth the effort.
How Much Does High-Quality SEO Cost?
One of the main goals of SEO is to get your website on page one of search results for company-specific keywords. You also want to convince customers to buy your products, attract more visitors to your website and get more clicks. Like other types of marketing, online advertising requires an investment to deliver great results. Here are some factors that affect the price:
- Type of project: A basic SEO audit of your website may cost a one-time fee of $600–$2,000. On the other hand, building a strong blog with great SEO takes more work and requires ongoing analysis, so you may need a monthly contract.
- Type of service selected: Costs often vary depending on if you choose a subscription model or hire an SEO company for one-time projects.
- Keywords chosen: Some keywords are more difficult to work with than others. Those that appeal to a wide audience are challenging because there are many companies trying to attract the same customers.
- Target customers: In general, the larger your potential customer base, the higher the SEO cost. Of course, businesses that market online to people around the country may have more work, but their sales also benefit a lot from SEO results.
- Your business: SEO can be easier for certain industries and harder for others. For example, the online market for health products is competitive, so attracting customers takes more work. Appealing mainly to local customers can save you money on SEO because you have less competition.
- Your goals: If you want to reach the top spot for search rankings, expect to invest significant time and money for SEO. The number-one spot also comes with perks, since 33% of traffic goes to that link. If you’re trying to increase your brand recognition by simply appearing somewhere on the first page, you may spend less.
What Types of SEO Pricing Models Can You Expect?
Total SEO cost can vary from project to project. Many digital marketing companies offer several options for SEO, and they often work within the limits of your budget. Here are few types of pricing models.
Project-Based SEO Services
SEO companies may charge based on specific projects, such as making websites look great for SEO, building links or creating an attractive social media profile. Other project-based campaigns focus on producing a certain number of blog posts or social media posts during a trial run. Generally speaking, you can expect to pay $1,000–$5,000 per project, though this number varies depending on the work required.
Having an ongoing subscription can cut costs per month while offering a number of benefits. High-quality SEO agencies watch keyword performance and make changes for better results. They often produce attractive content that is good for SEO and customer engagement. These services may cost between $1,000–$3,000 a month.
Some SEO experts charge you by the hour. This is more frequent when you hire an in-house consultant or team. If you go this route, the SEO cost usually runs anywhere from $75–$150 an hour.
It’s easy to focus only on the bottom line when budgeting for SEO, but don’t forget to keep the big picture in mind. An advertising campaign that coordinates social media and blog content may cost more at first, but it can also boost sales. In fact, organic search results provide the highest return on investment for business websites.
How Long Does SEO Take To Deliver Results?
Good SEO is like a healthy diet for your body. Eating lots of veggies and getting the right nutrients can help you feel great, but it can take a while to see the results in the mirror. If you don’t give up, you can lose weight and feel great. The same thing goes for building a solid reputation in search results.
It takes time for SEO to deliver results. That’s why you should be careful with ads that promise instant miracles. Expecting to appear on page one overnight isn’t realistic. Google estimates that it takes anywhere from six months to a year to notice substantial improvement, so your SEO cost is usually a long-term investment.
Is the SEO Cost Worth It?
Taking care of search results can be a very valuable investment for your company. Once your brand has a solid online reputation, the results can be phenomenal for customer engagement, retention and sales. Great content makes people see you as an industry expert. This can have a domino effect on growth, where more customers lead to positive online ratings, leading to even more customers. Search engines also notice when websites are popular, and they direct additional visits to the top pages.
It can be tempting to save money on your SEO cost by doing things yourself. However, as you may expect, this doesn’t provide the best results. When homeowners want high-quality work that lasts longer, they call a professional plumber. In the same way, SEO experts make a big difference in e-commerce profitability.
As long as you’re patient and don’t give up, great SEO techniques work. They increase page visits, improve brand recognition, attract new customers, and provide an excellent reputation.
What Do You Need To Make a Smart SEO Budget?
Every business that wants to attract online customers should set aside some money each month for SEO services. How much will you need? Follow these steps to find out:
- Look at your competitors. If you have a lot of online competition with excellent keyword rankings, expect to pay more for SEO. On the other hand, if you enjoy a great market position, boosting visits can be much easier—and cheaper.
- Set reachable goals. Decide whether it’s worth it to appear in the top spot for search rankings. Even businesses with smaller budgets may be able to rank on the first few pages of search results with the right techniques and services.
- Determine your available funds. Only you can decide how much capital you have available for digital marketing and SEO cost. You also need to grow your business with good customer service and high-quality products.
- Check out available SEO options. SEO professionals offer a wide range of services, tell you what to expect and adapt to the needs of your budget. They can help you identify the search terms and techniques that maximize your ROI.
Every business is different, and so is the most effective SEO. By customizing online services to your company, good SEO companies help you use your online marketing budget wisely. This maximizes your ROI when calculating SEO cost.
What High-Quality SEO Services Should You Look For? (Hint: It’s Us.)
One-size-fits-all approaches don’t work well in SEO. You need a company that provides tailored solutions. This should include great content, expertise with modern SEO and high-quality link building. With frequent reports that show which keywords are having success and which aren’t, experts help you measure results and obtain excellent performance.
Boostability takes SEO personalization a step further with dedicated account managers. By working with the same digital marketing expert month to month, your company isn’t just a number. You get someone who takes care of your interests and looks for ways to give you better results at an accessible SEO cost. Request a one-on-one appointment by contacting Boostabiliy’s SEO experts to get started.