Google’s meteoric rise to internet supremacy is historic. However, as the World Wide Web continues to grow and evolve, this internet giant’s control is waning. If you have all your SEO eggs in the Google basket, you may be overlooking a significant marketing advantage.
That search engine, although the largest, is not the only game in town. Diversifying website traffic channels can attract a target audience from a broader range of sources. This also makes your site less vulnerable to changes when Google updates the algorithm.
Continue Optimization Efforts
Nearly 40 percent of consumers use an alternative to Google for their searches. Bing and Yahoo are rising among the ranks thanks to new partnerships. Their algorithms are not as smart as Google’s, so take a few additional SEO steps to make them pay more attention to your website.
Target Exact Keywords
Google uses LSI keywords when ranking webpages, which enables your site to improve its ranking with long-tail keywords. However, Bing, Yahoo and many of the smaller search engines are not as sophisticated, so you must also use exact keywords to attract website visitors. Make the most out of the optimization by using no more than two target keyword or phrases in your H1 and H2 headings to ensure relevancy for the user.
Use Meta Keywords
Although Google no longer gives weight to the Meta Keywords, other search engines do. It helps them associate your site with the right keyword, even though they are not visible in the live content on the page. Make sure the keywords and phrases you use are relevant to the information on the page to get the boost in search ranking.
Getting links from high-quality sources helps improve your placement on the SERP. You don’t need to be a celebrity, a social influencer or a huge corporation for this to be beneficial. The fastest way to build backlinks is to develop relationships and establish yourself as an authority in your industry. Infuse your personality into social posts and stay active. Guest blogging and inserting your listings in respected online directories such as Yelp and smaller niche directories can improve your reputation as an expert in your industry.
Be Where Your Customers Are
If you have an app, you need to rank in app stores. If you have a podcast or video, you must optimize for those platforms. Strong brands are more than websites. They are multifaceted, gaining visibility for content on a broad range of platforms and devices
App Store Optimization
Almost half of consumers find new apps by browsing app stores, and many check out the apps recommended in the store’s search results. App store SEO can help you move up in the rankings, gain visibility, improve app reviews and attract more traffic and downloads.
There are five app store ranking factors known to influence your position in the app search results:
- Name, Title and URL – The name of your app should include the most relevant keywords with your company name. Keep the brand name short and concise and use keywords that describe the core app purpose. The URL should contain both your brand and keywords.
- User Reviews – Consumer ratings are a vital part of your app’s success. A solid app with no bugs can deliver a good user experience, which makes for positive reviews. Ask for feedback and make sure you respond, particularly if it is negative. This provides an opportunity to identify problems and improve your product as well as the user experience.
- Target Keywords – App stores provide space for you to attach specific keywords to your product. Choose words and phrases that address the primary features and benefits of your app. These should be different from those in the app title and brand name.
- Images – Optimize screenshots, icons and other graphics to improve the visual value of your app store listing. Appealing visuals attract more users, which often translates to increased downloads.
- App Downloads – The more downloads you get, the better your ranking. Use marketing tactics to create interest and attract more searchers. Track user activity to see how they use your app and see the trends surrounding when they quit. Competitor analysis can help you zero in on the keywords and phrases that work well for them to improve the optimization of your app store listing.
Optimizing YouTube Content
Using the right keywords is as important to video content as it is webpages. YouTube provides popular searches when you type keywords into the search box. This is a good starting point for your research. The Ubersuggest tool also provides guidance regarding popular terms used for content similar to yours.
YouTube is about developing long-term relationships and building a subscriber base. Post content that helps you stand apart from the crowd and post consistently to maintain viewership. Track your position and keep an eye on watch time to gauge how searchers respond. If you create a five-minute video but the majority of viewers leave in three minutes, reconsider the content or the length. Make sure search and video optimizations are in place when you upload your content to make the most of the first 48 hours, which are critical to YouTube’s algorithms.
Voice Search SEO
Voice search is here to stay. The integration of natural language processing with user intent means featured snippets must be tuned more toward the way people speak than the way they type. Voice queries are longer and are likely to contain question phrases. Answering the most common questions consumers ask on your website can help improve your placement in the voice search rankings.
Get Expert Help with SEO
For SEO, Boostability is here to help! As a leading white label SEO provider, we have partners world-wide and have had the pleasure of helping their clients succeed online and increase visibility on search engines. And not only that, but our partners will receive assistance from our Sales Support team on better understanding what SEO is, how to sell it more frequently and successfully, and much more. Check out what our SEO partner program looks like and speak with a Partner Success team member!