As we’ve learned from the COVID-19 pandemic, having an online digital presence with a strong SEO strategy in place is crucial now more than ever for businesses. Under normal circumstances, marketing professionals estimated that by the end 2020, businesses would have invested up to $79.27 billion in SEO.
The reason for this is simple: Businesses understand that the best way to reach customers online is to remain at the top of search engine results for relevant queries. With multiple people competing for the same or similar keywords, the cost can increase significantly. To reduce cost and increase efficiency, many companies rely on marketing agencies that may in turn rely on white label SEO vendors to help them successfully implement a white label SEO reseller program.
Table of Contents
- Difference Between White Label SEO and SEO Reseller Services
- What are the Benefits of Joining an SEO Reseller Program?
- What’s Included in an SEO Reseller Program?
- 5 Traits of a Solid White Label SEO Reseller Partnership
- What You Can Expect from Boostability’s White Label SEO Reseller Program
What’s the Difference Between White Label SEO and SEO Reseller Services?
White Label SEO
White label marketing is when a company provides a marketing service or a product under another company’s branding (the SEO reseller). These two companies partner together and fulfill two separate initiatives: the white label provider runs the show behind the scenes for anything related to SEO and the SEO reseller is in charge of generating new leads or cross-selling and up-selling to existing clients. White label SEO services are a specific type of white labeling; a dedicated SEO agency provides the partner company with SEO strategies, deliverables, and support that are then delivered to the client under the reseller’s brand.
We touched on this briefly in the section above, but to provide more detail, the SEO reseller is the other partner in this relationship that is in charge of selling SEO services to both existing and prospective clients. SEO resellers are typically business owners who operate within the marketing industry (not a necessity, though) and choose to provide SEO as an additional service to what their primary service is. Oftentimes, this includes website designers and developers, social media and paid advertising agencies, and related organizations that can add value to their existing clientele by also offering SEO and expanding into a new market.
There are numerous benefits to outsourcing white label SEO and an increasing amount of companies are taking advantage of this. A huge benefit of partnering with a white label provider and becoming an SEO reseller is the mitigation of risk that comes with entering into a new market. The burden doesn’t just fall on one organization, but is instead shared between a dedicated SEO agency and an organization that can sell the service to an audience that can truly benefit from it and act as an account manager. Another major benefit to a white label and SEO reseller partnership is that the services are branded under the reseller’s brand, therefore, the white label partner is simply managing the behind-the-scenes workflow.
What are the Benefits of Joining an SEO Reseller Program?
Here are a few of the benefits an SEO reseller program can offer both your company and clients.
1. Better availability and use of skills
SEO requires skills that your business may not have in-house at that moment. It can also be difficult and expensive to find and hire an employee who can carry out these services. It also requires a great deal of resources and time to learn how to carry out an effective SEO campaign, especially if that’s not your primary service your business offers. For companies that take the in-house route and decide to build the team without the help of a partnership, this can quickly become overwhelming and an inefficient use of company resources.
A white label SEO reseller program can partner with a provider that would have all the skills necessary to help your business deliver a quality SEO campaign for your existing and prospective customers, and at a more affordable price point.
2. A white label SEO reseller program is cost effective
SEO requires more than brilliance and talent. It requires software that can be costly, and both can become expensive fast. It is much more cost effective for one SEO company to purchase an agency-level subscription than for individual companies, or even separate marketing firms, to provide their own. And trying to provide competitive wages to an SEO professional to work in-house for your business can be extremely expensive. A white label SEO reseller program allows companies to realize economies of scale that they can then pass on to their clients, allowing everyone to save money.
3. Mutually beneficial for both partnerships
SEO reseller companies are beneficial for vendors and agencies that focus on specific niches, such as SEO. This is because of businesses receiving outsourced projects that provide a steady flow of income. While the SEO reseller is outsourcing search engine optimization services and providing the SEO agency with steady income, in turn the agency is executing the campaign and measuring the success that the SEO reseller can then use to close on even more sales. This makes for a mutually beneficial partnership sustained by results, thereby benefiting everyone involved.
4. Reduced risk into entering a new market
Any time a company decides to enter into a new market to expand their services and revenue streams, high risk is involved. Especially when they don’t have any connections to help them advance faster. Joining a white label SEO reseller program can help reduce or mitigate the risk of entering a new market more so than doing so without a partnership. The SEO agency you choose to partner with can help provide you with essential data and information for the type of audience that is most likely to invest in SEO, along with the resources needed to adequately speak to the industry and learn how to successfully sell it.
5. SEO is sustainable revenue
While SEO is a slower process compared to paid advertising or marketing other channels, it’s a more sustainable solution for long-term growth. That’s not to say that one is better than the other. All marketing channels serve their purposes and are beneficial, and that applies to SEO. By providing this service as an add-on to your primary product or service, a big selling point is that a well-executed SEO campaign will continue to serve your client’s website for years to come. It will become a more economical option among the marketing channels and it can continue to generate traffic and increase organic revenue overtime. Now this doesn’t mean that SEO is a one-time project, it requires ongoing SEO maintenance which your white label partner can step in to take the burden off your shoulders and provide for you.
What’s Included in an SEO Reseller Program?
Many companies see the end result of SEO services but have no real understanding of how it comes about. Because of this, unlike advertisements, SEO mostly happens behind the scenes. If you are interested in becoming an white label SEO reseller company, make sure that your partner includes the following SEO deliverables to drive results for your clients:
- Link Building: This is one of the most critical ranking factors and can help boost website authority when done effectively and ethically. White hat link building shows search engines that other websites trust your content enough to link back to it, thus helping boost your trustworthiness in the eyes of search engines as well. It also helps your website gain exposure and get referral traffic from the backlink website. This is an essential off-site SEO tactic that needs to be in your client’s strategy.
- Keyword Optimization: When companies focus on on-page keyword optimization, they help specific pages rank more highly than others. The company you decide to partner with for white label SEO reseller services should be able to optimize your content to compete for intent-driven keywords. This helps your clients stay relevant, present, and attract the right kinds of customers for their businesses. Useful keyword optimization helps to answer these questions:
- What do people truly want when they search for a keyword?
- What are the keywords that mean most to your client?
- What does the company already rank for organically?
- Are there new keyword opportunities to go after?
- E-A-T Worthy Content Development: Content is a key player in an effective SEO strategy. Especially when it helps build up your E-A-T and credibility with search engines, customers, or clients. This can apply to on-site content and blogs, but to social media as well. The focus is more often on writing, but videos and photos have SEO and user experience value as well that you should consider. The content should be providing value to your client’s target audience and answering their questions, reducing the chance for site visitors to seek information elsewhere.
- Guest Blogging: One great tool for referring traffic and link building to your content is through guest blogging. By sharing relevant content on other blogs in the industry, companies can make a name for themselves. This could also help build credibility within your business in becoming an industry leader.
5 Traits of a Solid White Label SEO Reseller Partnership
1. Consistent communication
Communication is key in any successful relationship, and a partner relationship is no different. Both the SEO provider and the SEO reseller should be communicating on a consistent basis to ensure that the partnership is running smoothly, reviewing account management and campaign details, wins and losses, and addressing questions, opportunities, and concerns as they arise.
2. Data driven reporting and strategy
SEO can be a black box of confusion for people who are not familiar with it. Don’t let this happen with your white label SEO reseller partnership! The agency you’re working with should provide you with detailed reports and metrics that help guide the SEO strategy. A data-driven approach ensures that your SEO is following trends and analytics that are designed to help improve the organic performance for your clients’ websites. Anything else is just fluff and should raise a red flag.
3. Set realistic expectations
Both partners need to set realistic expectations if the relationship is to succeed. The SEO vendor cannot overpromise on deliverables that they actually cannot deliver on, nor can the SEO reseller company request unrealistic deadlines and results. And ultimately, the realistic expectations must be set with the end user, which is the SEO reseller’s client.
4. Ongoing training
As an SEO reseller, this is especially important. Whether you are targeting a national community or are selling SEO services to local businesses, your agency partner should be able to train you in whatever type of SEO campaign you want to sell. This includes understanding the campaign types enough to be able to adequately speak to clients about it and understand what kind their business would benefit from, as well as answer client questions as they arise.
5. Providing sales support
It can be overwhelming for a new SEO reseller to sell a service that they are unfamiliar with. But with the proper training and support, it’s totally possible and not as difficult as it sounds! SEO agencies are a wealth of knowledge and information on how to find the right customers and deliver on a strong sales pitch. As your partner, they should provide you with proper training and assistance as you generate leads and close deals.
What You Can Expect from Boostability’s White Label SEO Reseller Program
At Boostability, we want the SEO reseller companies who partner with us to succeed. And we want their clients to succeed. Partnerships include a:
- Dedicate Partner Growth Manager (PGM) that regularly communicates with you and answers questions, both yours and your clients.
- Sales Support team that’s ready to take you across the finish line and secure deals.
- Ongoing training and updates about the industry, algorithm updates, and changing trends.
- Consistent newsletters highlighting the most important information you need to know for that time period and how to communicate this with your clients.
- Valuable assets and whitepapers that you can use to share with your team members, use during sales pitches, and educate your teams.
- Dedicated team of SEO professionals that will deliver on a data-driven strategy to provide results and growth for your clients’ websites.
- Proprietary technology and task management software that provides transparent reporting, project fulfillment, and complete visibility to track the progress of your client campaigns.
Join an SEO Reseller Program and Scale Your Business
Now that you know the details of how SEO reseller companies function, and the benefits this can bring to your business and clients, ask yourself, is this the right fit for my company? It’s important to find the right partner to help you fulfill these SEO responsibilities for your clients while giving you the opportunity to scale your business.
With a globally renowned white label SEO reseller program, Boostability values the partnerships we share with SEO reseller companies. Our goal is to help your business succeed and flourish, as well as your clients. If you’re interested in learning more about our partner program, visit our SEO Partner page for more details and get connected with a Partnership Success team member!