70% of online marketers believe that SEO is more effective at generating sales than other marketing channels, like PPC. While PPC is a valuable marketing channel that can drive leads more quickly than SEO, it’s directly tied to how much money is allocated to the ad budget. While search engine optimization has a slower momentum compared to paid advertising, it continues to generate leads and sales over time becoming a more sustainable marketing solution for businesses.
How can businesses take advantage of offering SEO in their product lineup? One option is becoming a white label SEO reseller. In this article, we are going to explain what an SEO reseller program is, what this partnership looks like for both parties involved, the benefits and the challenges, and much more!
Table of Contents
- What’s Included in an SEO Reseller Program?
- What Should You Look For in an SEO Reseller Program Partnership?
- What You Can Expect from Boostability’s SEO Reseller Program
What’s the Difference Between White Label SEO and Reselling SEO Services?
White Label SEO
White label marketing is when a company provides a marketing service or a product under another company’s branding (the SEO reseller). These two companies partner together and fulfill two separate initiatives: the white label provider runs the show behind the scenes for anything related to SEO and the SEO reseller is in charge of generating new leads or cross-selling and up-selling to existing clients. White label SEO services are a specific type of white labeling; a dedicated SEO agency provides the partner company with SEO strategies, deliverables, and support that are then delivered to the client under the reseller’s brand.
We touched on this briefly in the section above, but to provide more detail, the SEO reseller is the other partner in this relationship that is in charge of selling SEO services to both existing and new clients. SEO resellers are typically business owners who operate within the marketing industry or a complementing industry, like website development, with the intention of adding an additional service to their existing lineup as a means to generate new leads and revenue.
This is common with website design and development, social media, paid advertising agencies, and related organizations that can add value to their existing clientele by also offering SEO and expanding into a new market.
Why Should You Become an SEO Reseller?
The SEO industry is rapidly growing in demand and is becoming a necessity for businesses to compete online. Here are some of the latest statistics:
What are the Benefits of Reselling SEO Services?
Here are a few of the benefits an SEO reseller program can offer both your company and clients.
1. Better Availability and Use of Skills
SEO requires skills that your business may not have in-house at that moment. It can also be difficult and expensive to find and hire an employee who can carry out these services. It also requires a great deal of resources and time to learn how to carry out an effective SEO campaign, especially if that’s not your primary service your business offers. For companies that take the in-house route and decide to build the team without the help of a partnership, this can quickly become overwhelming and an inefficient use of company resources.
An SEO reseller program can partner with a provider that would have all the skills necessary to help your business deliver a quality SEO campaign for your existing and prospective customers, and at a more affordable price point.
2. Cost Effective Solution
SEO requires more than brilliance and talent. It requires software that can be costly, and both can become expensive fast. It is much more cost effective for one SEO company to purchase an agency-level subscription than for individual companies, or even separate marketing firms, to provide their own. And trying to provide competitive wages to an SEO professional to work in-house for your business can be extremely expensive. Learning how to resell SEO services allows companies to realize economies of scale that they can then pass on to their clients, allowing everyone to save money.
3. Mutually Beneficial for Both Partnerships
SEO reseller programs are beneficial for both parties involved because it provides a steady flow of income. While the SEO reseller is outsourcing search engine optimization services and providing the SEO agency with steady income, in turn the agency is executing the campaign and measuring the success that the reseller can then use to close on even more sales. This makes for a mutually beneficial partnership sustained by results, thereby benefiting everyone involved.
4. Reduced Risk in Entering a New Market
Any time a company decides to enter into a new market to expand their services and revenue streams, high risk is involved. Especially when they don’t have any connections to help them advance faster. White label SEO reseller services can help reduce or mitigate the risk of entering a new market more so than doing so without a partnership. The burden doesn’t just fall on one organization, but is instead shared between a dedicated SEO agency and an organization that can sell the service to an audience that can truly benefit from it and act as an account manager.
The SEO agency you choose to partner with can also provide you with essential data and information for the type of audience that is most likely to invest in SEO, along with the resources needed to adequately speak to the industry and learn how to successfully sell it.
5. SEO is Sustainable Revenue
While SEO is a slower process compared to paid advertising or other marketing channels, it’s a more sustainable solution for long-term growth and compounds in value the longer the strategy is optimized for. That’s not to say that one is better than the other. All marketing channels serve their purposes and are beneficial, and that applies to SEO. By providing this service as an add-on to your primary product or service, a big selling point is that a well-executed SEO campaign will continue to serve your client’s website for years to come.
It will become a more economical option among the marketing channels and it can continue to generate traffic and increase organic revenue over time. Now this doesn’t mean that SEO is a one-time project, it requires ongoing SEO maintenance which your white label partner can step in to take the burden off your shoulders and provide for you.
We just mentioned a few benefits here but take a look at the full list of benefits to outsourcing SEO services here!
What’s Included in an SEO Reseller Program?
Many companies see the end result of SEO services but have no real understanding of how it comes about. Because of this, unlike advertisements, SEO mostly happens behind the scenes. If you are interested in learning how to resell SEO services and integrating this into your product lineup, make sure that your partner includes the following SEO deliverables to drive results for your clients:
- Link Building: This is one of the most critical ranking factors and can help boost website authority when done effectively and ethically. White label link building services are typically a component to the overall SEO product in a reseller relationship and it’s a proven strategy to develop a website’s trust and authority with search engines to increase their online rankings.
- Keyword Optimization: When companies focus on on-page keyword optimization, they help specific pages rank more highly than others. The company you decide to partner with should be able to optimize your content to compete for intent-driven keywords. This helps your clients stay relevant, present, and attract the right kinds of customers for their businesses. Useful keyword optimization helps to answer these questions:
- What do people truly want when they search for a keyword?
- What are the keywords that mean most to your client?
- What does the company already rank for organically?
- Are there new keyword opportunities to go after?
- E-A-T Worthy Content Development: Content is a key player in an effective SEO strategy. Especially when it helps build up your E-A-T and credibility with search engines, customers, or clients. This can apply to on-site content and blogs, but to social media as well. The focus is more often on writing, but videos and photos have SEO and user experience value as well that you should consider. SEO content writing should be providing value to your client’s target audience and answering their questions, reducing the chance for site visitors to seek information elsewhere.
- Guest Blogging: One great tool for referring traffic and link building to your content is through guest blogging. By sharing relevant content on other blogs in the industry, companies can make a name for themselves. This could also help build credibility within your business in becoming an industry leader.
What Should You Look For in an SEO Reseller Program Partnership?
1. Consistent Communication
Communication is key in any successful relationship, and a partner relationship is no different. Both the SEO provider and the SEO reseller should be communicating on a consistent basis to ensure that the partnership is running smoothly, reviewing account management and campaign details, wins and losses, and addressing questions, opportunities, and concerns as they arise.
2. Data-Driven Reporting and Strategy
SEO can be a black box of confusion for people who are not familiar with it. Don’t let this happen with your partnership! The agency you’re working with should provide you with detailed reports and metrics that help guide the strategy. A data-driven approach ensures that your SEO campaign is following trends and analytics that are designed to help improve the organic performance for your clients’ websites. Anything else is just fluff and should raise a red flag.
3. Set Realistic Expectations
Both partners need to set realistic expectations if the relationship is to succeed. The SEO vendor cannot overpromise on deliverables that they actually cannot deliver on, nor can the SEO reseller request unrealistic deadlines and results. And ultimately, the realistic expectations must be set with the end user, which is the SEO reseller’s client.
4. Ongoing training
As an SEO reseller, this is especially important. Whether you are targeting a national community or are selling SEO services to local businesses, your agency partner should be able to train you in whatever type of SEO campaign you want to sell. This includes understanding the campaign types enough to be able to adequately speak to clients about it and understand what kind their business would benefit from, as well as answer client questions as they arise.
5. Providing Sales Support
It can be overwhelming for a new SEO reseller to sell a service that they are unfamiliar with. But with the proper training and support, it’s totally possible and not as difficult as it sounds! SEO agencies are a wealth of knowledge and information on how to find the right customers and deliver on a strong sales pitch. As your partner, they should provide you with proper training and assistance as you generate leads and close deals.
Boostability offers free, live Sales Support to assist you on your sales calls to increase your chances of making a successful deal!
What You Can Expect from Boostability’s SEO Reseller Program
At Boostability, we want our reseller partners to succeed by scaling their own operations and enhancing their clients’ online performance for better lead generation. Our SEO reseller program includes:
- Dedicate Partner Growth Manager (PGM) that regularly communicates with you and answers questions, both yours and your clients, and oversees every campaign detail.
- Sales Support team that’s ready to take you across the finish line and secure deals.
- Ongoing training and updates about the industry, algorithm updates, and changing trends.
- Consistent newsletters highlighting the most important information you need to know for that time period and how to communicate this with your clients.
- Valuable assets and whitepapers that you can use to share with your team members, use during sales pitches, and educate your teams.
- Dedicated team of SEO professionals that will deliver on a data-driven strategy to provide results and growth for your clients’ websites.
- Proprietary technology and task management software that provides transparent reporting, project fulfillment, and complete visibility to track the progress of your client campaigns.
Ready to Invest in Your Business?
Now that you know what an SEO reseller is and what to expect from a partnership, is this the right fit for your company? It’s important to find the right partner to help you fulfill these SEO responsibilities for your clients while giving you the opportunity to scale your business.
With a globally renowned white label SEO program, Boostability values the partnerships we share with agencies like yours. Our goal is to help your business succeed and flourish, as well as your clients. If you’re interested in learning more about what we can offer, visit our SEO Partner page for more details and get connected with a Partnership Success team member!