This year has been a memorable year for all of the world. With it’s ups and downs, it’s nice to have reliability and trust in our partners. Here at Boostability, we make sure to provide support, information, and trust with all of our partners. Looking back at 2020, we compiled six of our most popular partner articles to look back and learn from. These six articles all give great insight and information that can be useful and effective in any SEO situation.
How to Simplify Your SEO Pitch
SEO has a variety of layers and topics all fit into one subject. As hard as it is to learn about it for yourself, how can you simplify your SEO pitch to other individuals? As hard as it is to cover all of your SEO bases in 60 seconds, there are easy ways to organize SEO information. It’s important to have an elevator pitch to help keep individuals updated and informed on what’s currently happening in SEO. This article breaks up ways you can improve and simplify your SEO pitch.
- SEO Types – There are 3 types of SEO you can dive into when defining SEO to your clients. Those three types of SEO are off-site SEO, on-page SEO, and technical SEO.
- SEO Considerations – When summarizing your SEO pitch, take a moment to step back to consider the bigger picture. You can ask yourself questions such as “What you do?”, “How do you do it?”, and, “Why do you do it?”
- Providing Details – Use your SEO pitch to focus on how search engine optimization can meet potential buyers at different stages of the buying cycle. These stages are awareness, consideration, and decision.
- Read more on our blog that goes into greater SEO detail.
The Best Questions to Ask Your SEO Prospects
It would be easy and nice to have every sale close, however that’s not always the case. While the client is learning about you through your pitch, it’s also equally as important to ask them questions to see if they are a good fit for your business. The questions talked about in this article help discover and answer what your client’s expectations and needs are for your SEO services. A few examples of some of the questions included in this article are:
- What are your goals from an SEO campaign?
- How do you measure ROI?
- Who is your ideal customer?
- Who is your competition?
- What are your goals for your business growth over the next couple years?
- What monthly budget can you spend on SEO?
- Visit the article for more questions and details.
12 Questions to Ask Before Hiring an SEO Agency
Finding new ways to advance your business can be a tricky task to know where to start. SEO and digital marketing are two of the best places to start, however it can be hard to know exactly what to do. Reaching out for a helping hand in the SEO and digital marketing world is a great way to get help and grow your business more. But with SEO or digital marketing, you’re literally handing them a piece of your business and telling them to help it thrive. You want to make sure you’re hiring the right people for the job and this article gives your business questions to ask to help find the right SEO agency for you. A few examples of some of the questions included in this article are:
- How do you go about improving my website rankings?
- How many pages on my website will you optimize? And at what stage?
- How is my campaign billed?
- How do you measure the success of a campaign?
- Do you have experience in my industry?
- Visit the article for more questions and details.
Google’s Biggest Algorithm Updates and What They did for SEO
Google has hundreds of updates every single year. Most of the time you don’t even notice. A few times a year, Google releases a really big update that impacts the search landscape. And occasionally, they release something monumental that changes everything. Google has had several of these updates over the years. This article breaks down some of the biggest updates and how they changed SEO.
Boostability has not been negatively affected by an algorithm update since 2013, we know how to do SEO right and effectively for our customers.
- 2020 Algorithm Updates – There have been 3 large updates in 2020, happening in January, May, and December. All seem to have one thing in common, a focus on good content. Google wants to see Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness in your website content. Those with these E.A.T. content will see themselves climb far higher in the rankings than those who don’t emphasize their good content.
- Bert – Bert came out in fall 2019.This was a huge algorithm update as Google started to emphasize good content as a main ranking factor. It emphasizes natural language and essentially mimics the way people talk as it presents search query results.
- RankBrain – Considered part of the Hummingbird update in 2015, RankBrain introduced artificial intelligence to Google’s arsenal. By discerning true intent, Google can deliver more relevant results.
- Read more on our blog that summarizes the top updates of all time.
What Happens When I Stop an SEO Campaign
We talk a lot on this blog about the importance of SEO. And that it’s a constant effort to ensure your site stays relevant and at the top of the search results. But things happen. Sometimes you need to change up your business and the way you do things and maybe need to take a break from SEO to focus on other things. So what happens when you do need to stop SEO? This article breaks it down.
- As soon as you stop SEO, your traffic and rankings will drop. As it took about six months for your site to start ranking for keywords? It takes about that same amount of time for it to drop back off the radar. So you don’t drop immediately, but you will start to see your rankings drop over time.
- You don’t have new content, and thus lose the chance for new backlinks and new chances to rank.
- If you stop SEO, you risk being affected by the regular algorithm updates on Google. If you stop, your business competition might overtake your website and the hard work you put in to get it high in the rankings in the first place.
- You should always consider putting some work on your website with new content and focus on keywords to continue the SEO momentum you build up during a campaign.
How to Prospect for SEO Clients
One of the most common questions we get from our partners is how to find SEO clients. They know the importance of SEO, especially for small businesses. But how do you find the right people who are ready to buy it? This article breaks down some good ideas on how to find SEO clients for your agency.
- Identify a business on Pages lower than 3. Whatever your client set, whether it’s dentists or whatever, do a simple Google search in your community. Then go to the lower ranking profiles on page 3 or lower. It’s those people that need SEO. After that do your research. Show them why they need SEO. Don’t just pitch them the product, show them how it can change up everything for their business.
- Create a video. Record a video of yourself giving a personalized pitch or a demo walkthrough. These can make a huge difference for those looking into SEO. They want to feel seen and that you care about them. Video is a great way to do that.
- Build on previous relationships. In the job market, who you know is everything. The same thing can bring you new business. Reach out to people you already serve SEO to. See if they can refer you to other businesses. Or reach out to other contacts and friends. There’s huge power in references and the people you already know.
- Create a lead sales funnel. Sometimes, just by optimizing your own site and doing the work to create lead and sales funnels, the new clients will come to you. They’re doing their own research on the right agency for them, and you want to make sure they find your agency. You know you can help them, so make sure you do the work to make sure they find you organically.
- Prepare your pitch. Once you’ve identified a good lead, you need to be prepared. No matter what method you use, be it cold calling, video, email, or something else, be prepared to talk about their business and how you can be a solid solution for them.
As we move into a hopeful new year, we’re taking the best of what we learned. We’re dedicated to finding innovative solutions to problems SMBs face and finding ways to make it affordable. If you’re looking for the best way to grow your business in the new year, visit our partner program to learn more about how we can work together.