09 Jul Profile sites, is there SEO value?
Get the latest on SEO value by reading this new article: The SEO Value of Online Business Profiles
Profile sites, is there SEO value? Maybe. That is my answer for everything. I probably should change my answer to, it depends.
Let me tell you a story. When I first launched Boostability, I did the usual submit site map to Google. Added some links through comments on blogs. Submitted to quite a few directories, probably around 70 or so. But the one thing I did that ranked the very next day for my company name was to create a profile page on Merchant Circle. So Yes if you submit to the right profile sites and no for the wrong profile sites.
I actually submitted to another profile site first that I eventually started ranking a few pages deep a few months later. I don’t think I really got any value from it.
Boostability has a list of profile site that will add value to your website and search engine visibility that they give as action items to complete for subscription customers.
Some tips I can give.
- If you want to rank the profile page for more than the company name, add a keyword or phase with your company name.
- Use all the text available for your company description. (use your keyword phrases in your description)
- Add as many photos as you can.
- A video will give you an edge over your competition.
- Make sure you give your correct email. Most profile sites will let you know if someone adds a comment or review to your profile page.
There has to be a lot more tips out there. So if anyone else wants to contribute, please do.
Another advantage is it will drive traffic to your site and visibility to your company.