03 Mar How To Set Up Facebook Retargeting Campaigns
Setting up a Facebook Retargeting (or Remarketing) Campaign isn’t necessarily a straight-forward thing to do. You won’t find in-depth descriptions on how to setup the right Facebook tracking pixels or audiences on your Facebook Advertising screen. Most people need a little help.
First, let’s review.
What is Retargeting?
Retargeting is the ability to track a certain audience through specific web page actions, or specific web page visits, so you can accurately advertise to a certain audience. For example, if visitors are regularly visiting your pricing page, you can advertise specific pricing to only visitors of this page. Likewise, if you have visitors that have made a purchase, you can advertise a “Members Only” sale. Retargeting can be used for a number of different things.
Facebook allows you to create custom audiences and lookalike audiences now without necessarily needing to add code to your website. However, the tracking pixel only ads to the accuracy.
You’ll be able to define a variety of audiences from the various ways you can track your Facebook followers and website visitors. This will allow you to advertise additional deals to your Facebook followers or similar Facebook audiences.
How do I setup retargeting on Facebook?
- Log in to your Facebook Ads Manager at www.Facebook.com/Business
- Select Audiences from the dropdown menu when you click on Business Manager at the top left-hand side of the screen
- Select Website Traffic for a retargeting campaign
- Select your target audience from the dropdown menu (click here to learn how to create audiences)
- Get your pixel code and place it on your website (learn how here)
You’re all set! If you have specific questions about retargeting, feel free to comment below or reach out to us on Twitter at @AskBoost.