11 Dec Optimizing Your Business or Brand on Twitter
Getting heard and found on Twitter has become one of the hardest things to do when it comes to social media marketing. As the Twitter world begins to expand rapidly, getting you’re your profiles seen and acquiring followers is a challenge we all face. These concepts should help you learn the principles that attract following and grow your online brand.
Understand your customers
When someone chooses to follow your personal account, your business, or your brand, they could either become a fan and future customer, or they could check you out and opt to use another business. So how do you make sure that your Twitter account helps you convert followers into customers?
You want to make sure that your content, information, updates and news is interesting and relevant to your followers. If your content is not relevant to you specifically, your business, or your brand, you will begin to lose followers fast.
Unlike Facebook, Instagram, and other social media sites out there, Twitter it is strictly about providing relevant information, news, and updates for your customers and followers. Dealing with only 140 characters, you have to make sure you are able to connect with your followers and achieve the right tone for your brand. Know your ideal customers, and be sure to target them.
Know the Dynamics of Twitter
Knowing the dynamics of Twitter will play a key role in the Twitter marketing push for your business or brand. One thing you have to remember is that Twitter is a social site and tool, not a classified ad space for you and your business. Be sure to remember the following rules as you use Twitter:
- Don’t Spam
- Follow other users associated with your brand or business
- Tweet & Interact Actively
- Post Relevant Information
- Engage In Interaction
These tips and rules will help increase your visibility on Twitter and open the doors to allow more people to begin following and interacting with your business. As your follower base increases, your brand will become more reputable and (hopefully) more profitable.
Build Your Follower Base
When it comes to Twitter, there is always a game we seem to play with ourselves: how many followers can I get? One thing that everyone starting a Twitter account wants to know is how they can get more followers for their Twitter account.
There are many types of things you can do to gain followers:
- Add a Twitter follow button anywhere you can—your blog, website, email signatures, other social media platforms, etc.
- Search for people who fall into Twitter categories relevant to your business. If you follow them, they’re more likely to follow you.
- Join Twitter Directories and try to acquire followers there
- Keep your tweets as real as possible, and do not make them too spammy. There is nothing worse than having your Twitter feed cluttered with spammy tweets.
- Have a complete Twitter profile. Provide as much “About” information as you can. Make sure that your Twitter name is relevant and accurate. Make sure you have a good profile picture for your business, brand, or personal profile. Last but not least: make sure that your bio includes your brand’s keywords, as well as hash tags if necessary.
Some of these simple tips are a good place to start when you are in the process of trying to gather more followers and start your Twitter marketing campaign. Make sure to keep it simple and provide as much information as possible. The more someone knows about you or understands your business and brand, the more it will help you!
Make It Worthwhile for Someone
When it comes to Twitter, we all want to see important information, news, and update. So there is really only one way to make sure that you are keeping your current followers and gaining new ones: tweeting interesting and relevant information. You have to take a look at your Twitter content and ask yourself, “Would this be something that I would be interested in as a consumer?”
If done right, properly marketing your business your brand can be very beneficial and get you tons of exposure. There are hundreds of Twitter tips out there that can help you in gaining exposure for your business if done right and correctly.