15 May How The Right Keyword Strategy Can Get You To The First Page Of Google
Keywords are an intrinsic part of SEO. They’re the words your potential customers and clients type into Google when they want to find a business like yours. Think of them as the literal building blocks that make up the bridge between you and people that need you.
Although it’s a simple concept to understand, actually creating an effective keyword strategy is anything but simple. The keywords you need to use should reflect your brand, be of interest to your customers and help you dominate the search engines — all at once.
Why Are the Right Keywords Important to SEO?
Keywords can’t be too obscure, or almost nobody will find you. Nor can they be too popular, or you’ll get buried among your competitors. Most of all, however, they need to be relevant to the contents of your site, what you offer, and what you want to rank for in your SERPs.
When choosing keywords, there are several different types you need to focus on:
- Broad, generic keywords that are important to your industry like “winery,” or “family law”
- Keywords that relate to your product, which are much more specific — like the types of wines you sell and exactly what areas of family law you practice, whether it’s elder law and estate planning or divorce and custody issues
- Keywords that promote your brand, like the exact name of your wine label and the varieties you sell or the exact name of your firm and your individual attorneys.
- Customer-relevant keywords, like those designed to attract people who see themselves as “refined” and “adventurous” to your winery or “high-asset” couples that are in the midst of a divorce
- Location-specific keywords that are designed to capture the rising population of people who do their research on the go in a hyper-local market — the people who want to find a local winery to buy from or have made their decision to seek legal help now
It’s important to understand that effective keyword strategies have changed very recently. What worked in 2014 no longer works as well in 2018 — ever since “near me” searches doubled in just a year’s time and optimizing for mobile devices first became the norm.
The only effective keyword strategy that exists is the one that actually works in the present, so a big part of our job is staying on top of changes and trends.
Content Helps Build Keyword Relevancy
Providing quality content is far more important than just having web pages peppered with the right keywords. Quality content can be repurposed into different formats to reach different parts of your market:
- An article about how your product is made can be turned into a Youtube video
- A Youtube video can be turned into an infographic (which is 30 times more likely to be read than a simple text article) and published to Pinterest
- Infographics can be broken down into Facebook posts and infobytes for Twitter
When users share that content, you gain backlinks that increase your relevance and credibility with Google. If you’re lucky (or engaging enough), your audience on sites like Twitter and Facebook will respond with more questions. That will lead to more ideas for articles. Then, those articles can be similarly broken up and repurposed. It’s a cycle that not only feeds itself, it feeds your business!
Our Keyword Strategy
It takes conscious effort and planning for small businesses to break into Google’s first page. In order to get you there, we have a specific strategy we put into motion:
Keyword Research —
We research your business, industry, and region in order to find the keywords that will perform best. This builds on the idea that quality always beats quantity. In fact, in today’s SEO, quantity that’s devoid of quality can land you in the cyber penalty box with Google — which is nowhere you want to be. Avoiding this kind of problem is as much a priority as climbing the SERPs.
Developing Relevance For Google —
We align your existing website for the optimal keywords and recommend changes to the code embedded in your web pages to make your pages more relevant to searches. That includes making sure that you’re visible to local searchers who are ready to buy. You can’t lose sight of the fact that 50% of people who perform a local search on a mobile device visit a brick-and-mortar location within the same day.
Increasing Relevance For Visitors —
We help you create interesting, authoritative, and original content that will help you bring visitors back to your site over and over again. Engaging content can be both entertaining and still answer questions like “How do I do something?” or “What should I know about this subject?” It also has to be broken down so that it is easily digested by your target market. That way, it becomes something that you can build on in the future.
Our approach of “quality over quantity” helps you build keyword strength. By narrowing our focus, Boostability is able to help build traffic around specific keywords on almost any budget.
If you’re ready to learn more about keyword strategies and rise up through the search engine rankings, contact us. We’ll show you how to use keywords and quality content to get to page one of Google. Then, we’ll show you how to stay there through keyword monitoring and adjustment.